Contrast Lighting, lighting up your life since 1989!
- 1989 : Contrast Lighting enters the market
- Michel Lecluze, a dedicated craftsman with a passion for lighting products, starts Contrast Lighting. Drawing on thirty years of personal experience in R&D and a flair for
distinctive European-inspired lighting designs, he develops the company’s first recessed halogen lighting fixtures.
- 1990 : Recessed lighting production in full swing
- The company makes significant headway in Ontario and Western Canada. Demand for Contrast Lighting products is so great that the plant is reorganized and a plating department
- 1994 : Expanding markets
- The interest in Contrast Lighting products extends across North America. New production and shipping facilities increase production efficiency and reduce shipping delays.
- To meet the growing demand, the company now manufactures its own magnetic transformers and MR16 sockets.
- The recessed lighting production line is expanded. In 1994 and following years, the 3000, 4000 and 5000 series appear.
- 2002 : Contrast Lighting introduces a new collection
- The company adds hand-blown and pressed glass shades to its product line. Kilns are installed and the company hires master glassblowers to work the glass. Products combine
uniquely European design, craftsmanship and North American quality.
- 2005 : A name you can trust
- Contrast Lighting is an acknowledged industry player with a well-established reputation for excellence and innovation throughout North America. It now employs 220, ten times
the staff of 1989.
- 2008 : Staying the course
- Contrast Lighting is one of the few vertically integrated, industrial manufacturer of lighting fixtures in North America.
- 2010 : Change of ownership
- The company founder sells shares to certain employees as Contrast Lighting banks on the commitment, dedication and expertise of its employees. An executive committee is
setup with Benoît Dupuy as the President and CEO. The values which have made the reputation and the success of Contrast Lighting throughout the years remain the foundation of
the new management force.
- The company introduces a collection of LED products.
- The European market beckons and Contrast Lighting establishes a warehouse in France and hires Sales Representatives locally.
- 2012 : A regional asset focusing resolutely on the future
- Headquarters located in Saint-Jean-Chrysostome, in Quebec, Canada, now comprise four buildings and 222,000 sqft:
- administrative offices, plating operations and assembly
- presses and machinists
- main warehousing and shipping
- Contrast Lighting also ships from two warehouses located in Calgary, Alberta, and in Carson, California.
- As a result of its growth and market positioning in North America, the company is now poised to expand its presence in Europe and enter markets in Central America.